For those who don't remember, the goal of the Arcana Wiki is "to become like the Wikipedia - if the Wikipedia was written by gamers". That is to say, it can contain entries with information on any conceivable topic, just like the Wikipedia - but in addition to the plain facts, every entry also has adventure, story, and campaign ideas you can use for your own games.
Since this is a community about worldbuilding, I'll point out some of the most interesting aspects for the purposes of this group:
- Mythological Creatures - a large number of creatures out of real world mythology to inspire your own monsters and races.
- Mythological Places - places of legend you can recycle for your own world.
- Organizations - a list of real world organizations (from organized crime rings to companies) and how to apply their core concepts to gaming.
- People - real world people who were larger than life, and who could serve as models for your own NPCs.
- Setting Tropes - part of an ongoing effort to port over elements of the TV Tropes Wiki to make them more relevant to RPGs.
- Random Charactes - using the tropes of the TV Tropes Wiki to generate unique character concepts.
- Terrain - a growing collection of terrain types, both natural and artificial.
Any feedback and suggestions for improvements are very much welcome. Of course, active contribution to the wiki is even more welcome - so come and join us! :D